Our 200 Hour Multidimensional Yoga Teacher Training is upon us, it begins this Sunday, January 22. The staff has been gathered here since Sunday preparing for students’ arrivals and getting excited as we go over the schedule for the upcoming month.
For those of you in the Pavones community and anyone visiting the area this month, morning sadhana (sadhana: yoga practice) is open to the public. These classes are from 6:15 to 8:00 AM every day of the week beginning Monday, January 23. There are a few “clauses” to your participation, and also a set of guidelines so that we all arrive with the same intentionality. Please read through the entire list before arrival:
- We invite guests into our teacher training space so that students have the opportunity to practice the assists they are learning. Please be willing to be touched and assisted throughout your yoga practice.
- If you can bring your own mat please do so. There will be a few extra community yoga mats but we cannot guarantee one for everyone. Arrive early to assure that you get one.
- As my favorite boat captain’s quote says: “if you can’t be on time, be early.” Please arrive no later than 6:10 AM.
- No children please, this is an adults only practice.
- Please rinse your feet before entering the space. This is a ritual gesture as much as a physical cleaning, so rinse them even if they seem clean.
- Finally, we will be entering and leaving the yoga practice in silence. This is to maintain and appreciate the quality of stillness that is present in the early morning both in the environment and in our inner world. Teachers will meet with students outside the yoga pavilion for a few minutes after class to answer any questions that arise.
We are so excited to begin this adventure and hope to see many of you diving into the practice of yoga with us! Namaste,
Indira, Chris Crotty, and Katie Martin